- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
Fuel Cell Testing
- - Fixed Testing Systems
- - Liquid and Gas Delivery Systems
- - Fuel Cell Testing Hardware
- - Modular Testing Systems
- - Vacuum Tables and Temperature Controllers
- - Pressure Monitoring
- - Electronic Measurement and Control
- - Stack Humidification Systems
- - Ion Exchange Filters
- - Fuel Cell Testing Components
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
A working fuel cell car designed for your classroom! Powered by water and sunlight, the Dr. FuelCell Model Car provides a simple and effective demonstration of solar hydrogen technology.
With a focus on standard science topics and aligned to NGSS and STEM standards, this car is powered by a miniature version of the same type of fuel cells used in the recently released fuel cell vehicles from the world’s major car manufacturers. A durable, high quality product designed for classroom use so that students can learn standard science with the very latest technology, as well as investigate important renewable energy topics such fuel cells, solar energy, hydrogen and energy conversion and storage.
The heart of the system is a reversible fuel cell using a Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM Fuel Cell). The solar panel is used to produce current for the electrolysis process which splits water and stores hydrogen and oxygen for later use. To run the car, students attach the fuel cell and connect it to the motor; this starts an electrochemical reaction in the fuel cell between the hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity for the electric motor to power the wheels. The solar panel can also be used to power the car individually or in hybrid mode.
Have fun exploring topics such as: energy and energy conversion, properties of matter, chemical reactions, electrolysis, solar power, fuel cells, hybrid vehicles, energy conversion, volts, watts, and amps, to name a few. The course book is written by an award-winning teacher with each experiment designed with both the teacher and student in mind.
Engage your students, teach curriculum relevant topics, introduce new technology and prepare your students for a greener future!
The car is designed to withstand regular classroom use, is easy-to-use and great for individual or group activities. Teach concepts such as: electrolysis, solar power, the science of fuel cells, energy and energy conversion, volts, watts, and amps, to name a few. The course book is written by an award-winning teacher with each experiment designed with both the teacher and student in mind.
• Written by an award-winning teacher and focused on Middle Schools and High Schools
• Contains a full set of 8 experiments focused on grades 5 - 10
• All experiments Aligned to the NGSS and STEM Standards
• Grades 5 - 10
• Often used in grades 11 and 12 for introduction level teaching
• Often used by Colleges and University for Outreach
*** Does not include lamp.
This component is a fuel cell, hydrogen generator, and two gas cylinders all in one. It is operated with distilled water and requires no caustic solutions or acids. The generated hydrogen is stored in integrated gas storage cylinders, safely and directly
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 3” x 3.1” x 3.1” (72 x 80 x 80 mm)
• Electrolyzer Required Voltage: 1.4 - 1.8 V DC
• Electrolyzer Storage Volume of Hydrogen and Oxygen: 15 mL each
• Fuel Cell Power Output: 0.4 W
• Fuel Cell Voltage Output: 0.4 - 0.9 V
• Required Ambient Temperature for Operation: 10 - 35°C
• Required Storage Temperature: 10 - 35°C
Dr. FuelCell Solar Panel Module
Used to power the Reversible Fuel Cell in Electrolyzer mode or it can be used to run the car directly.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.7” x 4.7” x 2” (70 x 120 x 52 mm)
• Open Circuit Voltage: 3.0 V DC
• Short Circuit Current: 245 mA
• Voltage (at maximum power point): 2.4 V DC
• Current (at maximum power point): 200 mA
• Power Output: 0.48 W
Model Car Chassis With Electric Motor
The Reversible fuel cell is attached to the chassis for operation of the car.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.3” x 4.3” x 1.7” (210 x 110 x 45 mm)
• Voltage Requirement for Motor Operation: 0.5 - 3 V
• Rate of Hydrogen Consumption in Drive Mode: 3 - 5 mL/min
• Running Time of Car: 3 - 5 min
This load measurement box comes with a voltmeter and ammeter, 2 electrical loads (lamp and electric motor) and 7 different adjustable resistance values for characteristic curve analysis. The modular nature of the system is easily scalable and up-gradable as new components become available.
The Dr. FuelCell Measurement Box is a Teachers favorite – easy-to-use, quality unit designed for classroom use, long lasting.
• Max Current (Ammeter): 2 A
• Max Voltage (Voltmeter): 20 V
• Working Voltage of Motor: 0.2 - 3 V
• Current Drain of the Motor: 10 - 15 mA
• Working Voltage of Lamp: 0.6 - 1.5 V
• Current Drain of the Lamp: 0 - 80 mA
• Working Voltage of Display: 9 V
• Measured Resistance (in Ω): 1, 3, 5, 10, 50, 100, 200, Open and Short Circuit
• Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.3" x 3.3" (190 x 110 x 85 mm)
The Dr. FuelCell Hand Generator is a durable, high quality unit that simulates wind power and is an alternative to the solar panel.
• Operating Temperature: 50 - 104°F (10 - 40°C)
• Weight: 10.85 oz (310 g)
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 2.4" x 2" x 5.3" (60 x 52 x 135 mm)
• Capacity: 1 Ah
• Open-Circuit Voltage: 3.6 V
• Operating Voltage: 1.4 - 1.8 V
Red and black banana plug cable connectors.
• Plug Size: 4 mm
• Rated: 15 A
• Length: 20" (50 cm)
Course Lesson Book
Written by an award-winning teacher with a focus on Middle School, High School, and University level style, introducing each grade level to solar hydrogen fuel cell basics. The course lesson book contains a full set of 8 experiments for grades 5 - 10, designed with components for both the teacher and the student. All experiments are correlated to the National, California and Texas Science Standards.
• Includes 8 investigations, as well as set-up instructions, diagrams and maintenance suggestions. (100 pages total)
• Investigation 1: Observing, Predicting and Questioning
• Investigation 2: Solar Panel Orientation
• Investigation 3: Simple Electrolysis
• Investigation 4: Understanding Electrolysis
• Investigation 5: Hydrogen Power!
• Investigation 6: Hydrogen Power in Motion
• Investigation 7: Energy Efficiency
• Investigation 8: What is a Hybrid?
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: