- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
- Fuel Cell Testing
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
The Dr. FuelCell Professional Demo Package teaches fundamental principles of chemistry and physics through solar-hydrogen fuel cell technology.
Using the very latest renewable energy technology, students can safely get hands-on with a complete solar hydrogen energy system. Large components and easy-to-read displays make this system ideal for group presentations or for use in the lab. Watch as your students are inspired by seeing how solar energy can be harnessed, stored and later converted to electricity using a PEM Fuel Cell.
As a result, it is a favorite lab station for professors of chemical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering and renewable energy systems. Pre-configured experiments and comprehensive documentation simplify lesson and lab preparation In addition to covering standard curriculum topics in chemistry, physics and engineering. The Professional also allows students to investigate important renewable energy topics such fuel cells, solar energy, hydrogen and energy conversion and storage.
Each trainer includes a four-volume set of text books that contain over 20 experiments that cover topics such as electrochemistry, thermodynamics, energy conversion and efficiency, molecules and chemical reactions and measuring and interpreting characteristic curves. Perform experiments for topics such as Faraday’s First Law, Avogadro’s Constant, Electrolysis, System Efficiency, Greenhouse Effect, Solar Cells (Light Source, Shadow Effects, Angle, Efficiency), Parallel and Series Circuits, Energy Storage and Conversion, and Creation of a Characteristic Curve, to name a few.
The trainer includes: solar panel, PEM based electrolyser with gas storage cylinders, double PEM fuel cell, and digital measuring unit. All required cables, tubes and clamps included. All systems mounted in a stable upright panel display unit.
• Custom experiment setups due to modular concept
• Solar Panel
University, College, Vocational, High School
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science / Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Often used by Colleges & University for Outreach
- Often Bundled with the Clean Energy Trainer in college/university level courses
The instruction material for Dr. FuelCell Professional includes a collection of pre-configured demonstration experiments and four textbooks for grades 9 through 12.
4-Volume Textbook Set: Science through Hydrogen, Chemistry through Hydrogen, Physics through Hydrogen and Research Notes.
- Science through Hydrogen – Introduction to the science behind the technology
- Chemistry and Physics through Hydrogen - Chemistry and Physics focused experiments
- Research notes – a text used for written assignments and packed with background material regarding solar energy, technology details for solar panels, fuel cells and hydrogen technology. All contained in a series of self-contained articles.
- Includes over 20 experiments
- Aligned to the NGSS and STEM Standards use in advanced high school level courses.
***NOTE: While most often used in higher education institutes, this system can be used at the high school level. For use in senior level high school programs such as AP Chemistry/Physics, Technology & STEM programs, the curriculum has been aligned to NGSS & STEM standards.
Lamp not included.
Typical lead time of two to three weeks to be expected.
The 4-cell solar panel is used for experiments in photovoltaics and for generating electric energy for the electrolyzer. It can be turned in the frame for easier alignment to the light source.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.8” x 12.2” x 5.1” (200 x 310 x 130 mm)
• Terminal Voltage: 2.3 V*
• Short Circuit Current: 1,000 mA*
• In the operating point with a load resistance of 2 Ω
• Current: 1,000 mA*
• Voltage: 2 V*
• Output: 1.7 W*
* Typical measured values with a 120 watt PAR lamp from Heliocentris, at a distance of 20 cm.
A high-performance PEM electrolyzer, with 65 ml graduated cylinders for gas storage that separates water into hydrogen and oxygen. Due to PEM technology, it is operated with distilled water and requires no caustic solutions or acids. The integrated graduated gas storage canisters visualize the classic water separation experiment, as with the Hoffmann apparatus.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.8” x 11.7” x 4.9” (200 x 297 x 125 mm)
• Storage Volume for Hydrogen and Oxygen: 64 mL Each
• Operating Voltage 1.4 - 1.8 V
• Electric Current: 4,000 mA Max.
• Hydrogen Production: 28 mL/min Max.
Double PEM Fuel Cell
The powerful double fuel cell is used to generate electricity from hydrogen and oxygen. The two fuel cells can be connected parallel and in series. It is based on PEM technology, which is the most widespread technology used in the development of fuel cell applications, e.g. for motor vehicles or stationary power supply systems.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.8” x 11.7” x 4.5” (200 x 297 x 115 mm)
• Voltage in Parallel Connection: 0.4 - 0.9 V
• Voltage in Series Connection: 0.8 - 1.8 V
• Current in Parallel Connection: 3,000 mA Max.
• Rated Output in Series Connection: 1.7 W
Load Measurement Module
The load measurement module can measure voltage and current. It is used for the specific loads to the fuel cell and solar panel by a motor, a lamp or 10 selectable resistors. The resistors are optimized for measuring the characteristic curve of the solar panel and fuel cell.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 3.9" x 11.7" x 3.9" (100 x 297 x 100 mm)
• Operating Voltage of Motor: 3 V Max.
• Current Consumption of Motor: 130 mA Max.
• Operating Voltage of Lamp: 2 V Max.
• Measured Resistance (in Ω)
Hydrogen Technology and Fuel Cell Science Book Package – 4 Volumes
A 4-volume set of lesson books covering key curriculum topics of Chemistry, Electrical and Physics, presented through student inquiry activities and written assignments. It includes a total of 25 experiments and 19 readings, in three volumes. The fourth volume presents background information on fuel cell and hydrogen technology.
• Covers Key Curriculum Topics: Chemistry, Electricity, and Physics
• Includes Written Assignments
• 25 Experiments
• 19 Readings in three volumes
CD - Clean Energy for the Future
Provides great teaching introductory resources about fuel cells in easy to use formats.
• Ideal for the introduction of fuel cell technology, fuel cell technology overview
• Includes two Power-Point Presentationsand two videos on the principles and applications of fuel cell technology.
• Correlations of lesson books to the National, California, British Columbia, and Ontario Science Standards
Frame and Additional Accessories
All Professional packages include the main components and all necessary accessories for the experiments, such as tubes, plugs, cables and a stop watch.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 23.6" x 33" x 18.1" (600 x 840 x 460 mm)
• Weight: 22.3 pounds (10.1 kg)
• Permissible Ambient Temperature During Operation: 50 - 95°F (10 - 35°C)
• Language Versions: The instruction material and the CD-ROM are available in German and English
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: