- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
Fuel Cell Testing
- - Fixed Testing Systems
- - Liquid and Gas Delivery Systems
- - Fuel Cell Testing Hardware
- - Modular Testing Systems
- - Vacuum Tables and Temperature Controllers
- - Electronic Measurement and Control
- - Stack Humidification Systems
- - Ion Exchange Filters
- - Fuel Cell Testing Components
- - Portable Generators
- - Electrochemical Experiments
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
Fumasep FAP-450 is a non-reinforced Fluorinated Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) with low resistance, high blocking capability of vanadium ions, and high stability in acidic environment. The polymer backbone for this AEM is based on a hydrocarbon polymer material.
Fumasep FAP-450 membrane comes in either a 10cm x 10cm or 20cm x 30cm size sheet. FAP-450 membrane is manufactured on the PET cover film in order to prevent damages to the membrane during its shipment. The PET foil is located only on one side of the FAP-450 membrane and it needs to be removed from the membrane surface before testing or using the membrane. FAP-450 is transparent and more flexible than the PET cover film. The membrane is ready for use when it arrives.
Fumatech membranes are highly sensitive to differences in humidity and moisture content. Therefore the membranes can vary +/- 0.5cm from the original cut sizes. Also due to this sensitivity the manufacturer expects wrinkles to form, however soaking the membranes in deionized water will return the membranes to the full size planar state according to the manufacturer.
• Applications: Redox-Flow Battery, e.g. Vanadium-Redox-Flow Battery (VRB), using aqueous acidic conditions. Another application that can benefit greatly from this membrane is non-aqueous redox flow batteries that utilize organic solvents such as acetonitrile, etc. The dimension change or swelling of the membrane for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications would predominantly depend on the chemical composition of the electrolyte used. Mechanically reinforced fluorinated anion exchange membranes would demonstrate increased mechanical stability and lower solvent mediated crossover compared to non-reinforced counterparts for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications.
• Type: Anion Exchange Membrane
• Thickness: 50 micrometers (1.97 mil)
• Sizes: 10cm x 10cm, 20cm x 30cm
Acidic environment pH < 4, at pH > 4 the material has low ionic conductivity. The material is not stable in caustic environment (pH > 11). General temperature range is room temperature to 50°C.
Keep membrane package closed / sealed when unused. Store, handle and process the membrane in a clean and dust-free area. Use only new and sharp knives or blades, when cutting the membrane. Always wear protective gloves when handling the membrane. Handle with care, be sure not to puncture, crease or scratch the membrane, otherwise leaks will occur. All surfaces in contact with the membrane during handling, inspection, storage and mounting must be smooth and free of sharp projections.
The membrane is delivered in dry form. No pretreatment is required. However, membranes will expand and contract based on electrolyte content.
The membrane can be stored dry for an unlimited amount of time. However, the membrane has to be conditioned (washed and rinsed) prior to use.
Please note that a current lead time of one to two weeks is to be expected.
|Membrane||Anion Exchange Membrane|
|Thickness||45 - 55 µm (microns)|
|Appearance / Color||Transparent / Colorless|
|Backing Foil||Between Paper|
|Tensile Strength - max. (MPa)||40 - 60 MPa|
|Density||7.5 - 8.5 mg•cm-2|
|Non-Std Modulus (MPa)||900 - 1200 MPa|
|Yield Strength at 23°C / 50 % R.H.||24 - 30 MPa|
|Elongation to Break (%)||> 250 %|
|Specific Area Resistance||0.45 - 0.60 (in 0.5 M H2SO4) Ω•cm2|
|Specific Conductivity||9 - 12 (in 0.5 M H2SO4) mS•cm-1|
|Selectivity||90 - 96 %|
|Uptake in H2O at 25°C||15% - 25% in 2 M H2SO4 at 25°C and 12% - 18% in vanadyl sulfate at 25°C wt %|
|Dimensional Swelling in H2O at 25°C||0% - 2% in 2 M H2SO4 at 25°C and 10% - 12% in vanadyl sulfate at 25°C %|
|Proton Transfer Rate||2500 - 4500 µmol•min-1•cm-2|
|Bubble Point Test in Water at 25°C||> 4 bar|
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: