- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
Fuel Cell Testing
- - Fixed Testing Systems
- - Liquid and Gas Delivery Systems
- - Fuel Cell Testing Hardware
- - Modular Testing Systems
- - Vacuum Tables and Temperature Controllers
- - Electronic Measurement and Control
- - Stack Humidification Systems
- - Ion Exchange Filters
- - Fuel Cell Testing Components
- - Portable Generators
- - Electrochemical Experiments
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
Fumasep FAP-330 is a fluorinated anion-exchange membrane - non-reinforced with low resistance, high blocking capability of vanadium ions, and high stability in acidic environment.
Fumasep FAP-330 membrane comes in either a 10cm x 10cm or 20cm x 30cm size sheet.
Fumatech membranes are highly sensitive to differences in humidity and moisture content. Therefore the membranes can vary +/- 0.5cm from the original cut sizes. Also due to this sensitivity the manufacturer expects wrinkles to form, however soaking the membranes in deionized water will return the membranes to the full size planar state according to the manufacturer.
• Applications: Redox-Flow Battery, e.g. Vanadium-Redox-Flow Battery (VRB), using aqueous acidic conditions. Another application that can benefit greatly from this membrane is non-aqueous redox flow batteries that utilize organic solvents such as acetonitrile, etc. The dimension change or swelling of the membrane for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications would predominantly depend on the chemical composition of the electrolyte used. Mechanically reinforced fluorinated anion exchange membranes would demonstrate increased mechanical stability and lower solvent mediated crossover compared to non-reinforced counterparts for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications.
• Type: Anion Exchange Membrane
• Operation Range: Acidic environment pH < 4, at pH > 6 the material has low ionic conductivity. The material is not stable in caustic environment (pH > 9). General temperature range is room temperature to 50 °C.
• Thickness (dry): 27 – 33 micrometers (1.06 - 1.29 mil)
• Sizes: 10cm x 10cm, 20cm x 30cm
The membrane is the transparent foil. The membrane is ready to use.
Keep membrane package closed / sealed when unused. Unpack membrane only for direct use and process immediately after opening. Store, handle and process the membrane in a clean and dust-free area. Use only new and sharp knives or blades, when cutting the membrane. Always wear protective gloves when handling the membrane. Handle with care, be sure not to puncture, crease or scratch the membrane, otherwise leaks will occur. All surfaces in contact with the membrane during handling, inspection, storage and mounting must be smooth and free of sharp projections.
The membrane is delivered in dry form. No pretreatment is required. However, membranes will expand and contract based on electrolyte content. If you have any concerns about storage, chemical stability, and pretreatment please feel free to contact us for further information.
Please note that a current lead time of four to six weeks is to be expected.
|Membrane||Anion Exchange Membrane|
|Thickness||27 – 33 µm (microns)|
|Appearance / Color||Transparent|
|Tensile Strength - max. (MPa)||40 – 60 MPa|
|Yield Strength at 23°C / 50 % R.H.||24 – 40 MPa|
|Elongation to Break (%)||150 – 250|
|Area Specific Resistance (ohm cm²)||< 0.45 (0.5 M H2SO4)|
|Specific Conductivity||> 8 mS cm^-1 (0.5 M H2SO4)|
|Young’s modulus at 23 °C / 50 % r.h.||700 – 1500 MPa|
|Uptake in Vanadyl Sulfate at T =25°C||10 – 20 wt%|
|Dimensional Swelling in Vanadyl Sulfate at T =25°C||8 – 18 %|
|Selectivity||> 85% (0.1 / 0.5 mol/kg KCl at T = 25 °C)|
|Weight Per Unit Area||4.5 – 5.0 mg cm^-2|
|Proton Transfer Rate||> 5500 μmol min^- 1 c m^-2|
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: