- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
- Fuel Cell Testing
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
Please note that this material has been discontinued. Limited stock remains. 10cm x 10xm only.
Fumasep FAP-330-PE is a fluorinated anion-exchange membrane - reinforced with low resistance, high blocking capability of vanadium ions, and high stability in acidic environment.
Fumasep FAP-330-PE membrane comes in either a 10cm x 10cm or 20cm x 30cm size sheet.
Fumatech membranes are highly sensitive to differences in humidity and moisture content. Therefore the membranes can vary +/- 0.5cm from the original cut sizes. Also due to this sensitivity the manufacturer expects wrinkles to form, however soaking the membranes in deionized water will return the membranes to the full size planar state according to the manufacturer.
• Applications: Redox-Flow Battery, e.g. Vanadium-Redox-Flow Battery (VRB), using aqueous acidic conditions. Another application that can benefit greatly from this membrane is non-aqueous redox flow batteries that utilize organic solvents such as acetonitrile, etc. The dimension change or swelling of the membrane for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications would predominantly depend on the chemical composition of the electrolyte used. Mechanically reinforced fluorinated anion exchange membranes would demonstrate increased mechanical stability and lower solvent mediated crossover compared to non-reinforced counterparts for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications.
• Type: Anion Exchange Membrane
• Operation Range: Acidic environment pH < 4, at pH > 6 the material has low ionic conductivity. The material is not stable in caustic environment (pH > 11). General temperature range is room temperature to 50 °C.
• Thickness (dry): 24 – 32 micrometers (0.94 - 1.25 mil)
• Sizes: 10cm x 10cm, 20cm x 30cm
The membrane is delivered on the transparent PET foil. The membrane is ready to use.
Keep membrane package closed / sealed when unused. Unpack membrane only for direct use and process immediately after opening. Store, handle and process the membrane in a clean and dust-free area. Use only new and sharp knives or blades, when cutting the membrane. Always wear protective gloves when handling the membrane. Handle with care, be sure not to puncture, crease or scratch the membrane, otherwise leaks will occur. All surfaces in contact with the membrane during handling, inspection, storage and mounting must be smooth and free of sharp projections.
The membrane is delivered in dry form. No pretreatment is required. However, membranes will expand and contract based on electrolyte content. If you have any concerns about storage, chemical stability, and pretreatment please feel free to contact us for further information.
There is a limited quantity available for this membrane product and once that is exhausted, there will not be any more due to lack of PE support in the market. Please check this page time to time for any new updates. While there are no other mechanically reinforced FAP-series membranes, alternative membrane products from unreinforced membranes would be the FAP-330 or FAP-450.
|Membrane||Anion Exchange Membrane|
|Thickness||24 – 32 µm (microns)|
|Appearance / Color||Opaque|
|Tensile Strength - max. (MPa)||45 – 65 MPa|
|Elongation to Break (%)||18 – 30|
|Area Specific Resistance (ohm cm²)||< 0.4 (0.5 M H2SO4)|
|Specific Conductivity||> 12 mS cm^-1 (0.5 M H2SO4)|
|Young’s modulus at 23 °C / 50 % r.h.||1400 – 2000 MPa|
|Uptake in Vanadyl Sulfate at T =25°C||20 wt%|
|Dimensional Swelling in Vanadyl Sulfate at T =25°C||< 1 %|
|Selectivity||> 88% (0.1 / 0.5 mol/kg KCl at T = 25 °C)|
|Weight Per Unit Area||3.4 – 4.0 mg cm^-2|
|Proton Transfer Rate||> 1500 μmol min^- 1 c m^-2|
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: