- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
- Fuel Cell Testing
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
Please note that this product has been discontinued and a limited amount of stock remains.
Please contact us for availability.
Fumasep FAP-420-PE is a partially fluorinated anion-exchange membrane - PE-reinforced - thickness 20 µm, with low resistance, high mechanical stability, low dimensional swelling, high oxidative stability, resistant to chlorine and high stability in acidic environment.
Fumasep FAP-420-PE membrane comes in either a 10cm x 10cm or 20cm x 30cm size sheet.
Fumatech membranes are highly sensitive to differences in humidity and moisture content. Therefore the membranes can vary +/- 0.5cm from the original cut sizes. Also due to this sensitivity the manufacturer expects wrinkles to form, however soaking the membranes in deionized water will return the membranes to the full size planar state according to the manufacturer.
• Applications: Electrochemical processes requiring anion exchange membranes with high oxidative stability and / or resistant to chlorine. Redox-Flow Battery, e.g. Vanadium-Redox-Flow Battery (VRB), using aqueous acidic conditions. Another application that can benefit greatly from this membrane is non-aqueous redox flow batteries that utilize organic solvents such as acetonitrile, etc. The dimension change or swelling of the membrane for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications would predominantly depend on the chemical composition of the electrolyte used. Mechanically reinforced fluorinated anion exchange membranes would demonstrate increased mechanical stability and lower solvent mediated crossover compared to non-reinforced counterparts for non-aqueous redox flow battery applications.
• Type: Anion Exchange Membrane
• Operation range: Acidic environment pH < 4, at pH > 4 the material has low ionic conductivity. The material is not stable in caustic environment (pH > 9).
• Thickness (dry): 18 – 24 micrometers (0.70 - 0.94 mil)
• Sizes: 10cm x 10cm, 20cm x 30cm
The membrane is the slightly opaque foil, delivered on a backing layer (colourless rigid PET foil). Peel off carefully the membrane from the backing layer.
Keep membrane package closed / sealed when unused. Store, handle and process the membrane in a clean and dust-free area. Use only new and sharp knives or blades, when cutting the membrane. Always wear protective gloves when handling the membrane. Handle with care, be sure not to puncture, crease or scratch the membrane, otherwise leaks will occur. All surfaces in contact with the membrane during handling, inspection, storage and mounting must be smooth and free of sharp projections.
The membrane is delivered in dry form. The membrane does not need any pretreatment. If additional cleaning is required rinse the membrane in either the application solution or deionized water according to the application requirement.
If you have any concerns about storage, chemical stability, pre-treatment or before proceeding, please feel free to contact us for further information.
There is a limited quantity available for this membrane product and once that is exhausted, there will not be any more due to lack of PE support in the market. Please check this page time to time for any new updates. While there are no other mechanically reinforced FAP-series membranes, alternative membrane products from unreinforced membranes would be the FAP-330 or FAP-450.
|Membrane||Anion Exchange Membrane|
|Thickness||18 – 24 µm (microns)|
|Appearance / Color||Slightly opaque|
|Elongation to Break (%)||> 20 %|
|Young’s modulus at 23 °C / 50 % r.h.||900 – 1800 MPa|
|Weight Per Unit Area||2.5 - 3.8 mg cm^-2|
|Proton Transfer Rate||> 1500 µmol min^-1 cm^-2|
|Bubble Point Test in Water at 25°C||> 3 bar|
|pH Stability Range at 25°C||0 – 9 pH|
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: