- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
Fuel Cell Testing
- - Fixed Testing Systems
- - Liquid and Gas Delivery Systems
- - Fuel Cell Testing Hardware
- - Modular Testing Systems
- - Vacuum Tables and Temperature Controllers
- - Pressure Monitoring
- - Electronic Measurement and Control
- - Stack Humidification Systems
- - Ion Exchange Filters
- - Fuel Cell Testing Components
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
The Dr. FuelCell Science Kit - Complete Classroom Bundle includes all the necessary tools to turn the Dr. FuelCell Science Kit into a complete classroom experience for all the students. Experience has shown the value of hands-on experience with our fuel cell products and this can only be achieved with enough kits for group or individual investigations.
This bundle includes much the same pieces as the Dr FuelCell Science Kit - Complete version with some slight modification. The bundle is more cost effective than purchasing individual kits and it also includes the Dr. FuelCell Science Kit Instruction Material!
6 x Dr. FuelCell Science Complete Kits
- 1 x Solar Panel Module
- 1 x PEM Electrolyser with Gas Storage Cylinders
- 1 x PEM Fuel Cell
- 1 x Methanol Fuel Cell
- 1 x Take-Apart Fuel Cell
- 1 x Load Measurement Box - Consisting of seven-position resistance decade, light, electric motor with fan, voltmeter and ammeter
- 1 x Stopwatch
- 1 x All Required Accessories, Including: Cables, Tubing, and Clamps
- 1 x Instruction Material with Teachers Guide
- 1 x CD - "Hydrogen – Energy for Tomorrow"
Using the very latest renewable energy technology, students will learn standard science and engineering topics aligned to the NGSS and STEM standards. Watch as your students are inspired by seeing how solar energy can be harnessed, stored and later converted to electricity using a PEM Fuel Cell.
This exciting technology is the same technology being used to build hybrid energy systems, power schools, homes and cars. In addition to covering standard curriculum topics in chemistry and physics, this durable, high quality product also allows students to investigate important renewable energy topics such fuel cells, solar energy, hydrogen and energy conversion and storage.
Each kit includes a four-volume set of text books that contain over 20 experiments that cover topics such as electrochemistry, thermodynamics, energy conversion and efficiency, molecules and chemical reactions and measuring and interpreting characteristic curves. Perform experiments for topics such as Faraday’s First Law, Avogadro’s Constant, Electrolysis, System Efficiency, Greenhouse Effect, Solar Cells (Light Source, Shadow Effects, Angle, Efficiency), Parallel and Series Circuits, Energy Storage and Conversion, and Creation of a Characteristic Curve, to name a few.
Watch as students get hands-on building their own energy system, learn relevant Science and STEM topics and get introduced to renewable energy technology. Prepare your students for a greener future!
The solar panel produces energy for the electrolyzer. The generated hydrogen is stored intermediately in graduated storage cylinders and converted to electric power by the fuel cell. The load measurement box is used to simulate consumers and to measure electric current and voltage. All technical components can also be used and examined separately.
The methanol and take-apart fuel cells offer the possibility to gain in-depth knowledge of the specific functions and components of fuel cells, for example as a unit of instruction for grades 11 and 12.
The 4-volume instruction material of the Dr FuelCell Science Kit is designed for grades 9 - 12 and consists of three experiment volumes and one volume with background information. The experiment volumes cover a broad spectrum of subjects from the physics and chemistry curricula:
- Student assignments for independently conducting experiments both individually and in groups
- Detailed teacher's guides with instructions for experiments, sample results and interpretations
- Worksheets with short articles and written assignments for independent use in class or at home
- Molecules and chemical reactions
- Reaction speeds
- Energy Conversion and efficiency
- Measuring and interpreting characteristic curves
- Planning and implementation of scientific experiments
For more information please download the Dr. FuelCell Science Kit Brochure PDF in the Downloads Tab.
6 x Dr. FuelCell Science Kit - Complete
Dr. FuelCell Solar Panel Module
Used to power the PEM Electrolyzer, this 5-cell photovoltaic module is used for experiments in solar energy and for generating electric energy. The practical base facilitates alignment to the light source.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.7” x 4.7” x 2” (70 x 120 x 52 mm)
• Open Circuit Voltage: 3.0 V DC
• Short Circuit Current: 245 mA
• Voltage (at maximum power point): 2.4 V DC
• Current (at maximum power point): 200 mA
• Power Output: 0.48 W
PEM Electrolyzer With Gas Storage Cylinders
The PEM Electrolyzer separates water into hydrogen and oxygen. It is operated with distilled water and requires no caustic solutions or acids. The integrated graduated hydrogen storage cylinders visualize the classic hydrogen separation experiment, as in the Hoffmann apparatus.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 3.1” x 7.7” x 3.3” (80 x 195 x 85 mm)
• Storage Volume for Hydrogen and Oxygen: 10 mL Each
• Operating Voltage: 1.4 - 1.8 V
• Electric Current: 500 mA Max.
• Hydrogen Production: 3.5 mL/min Max. (at 500 mA)
PEM Fuel Cell
The PEM Fuel Cell generates electrical energy from hydrogen and oxygen. It is based on PEM technology, which is the most widespread technology used in the development of fuel cell applications, e.g. for motor vehicles or stationary power supply systems.
• Includes 2 Different Air and Oxygen inlets
• Includes 2 Membranes with Different Catalyst Coatings
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.5” x 3.3” x 1.5” (65 x 85 x 38 mm)
• Voltage: 0.4 - 0.9 V
• Current: 1,000 mA Max.
• Rated Output: 0.25 W
This load measurement box comes with a voltmeter and ammeter, 2 electrical loads (lamp and electric motor) and 7 different adjustable resistance values for characteristic curve analysis. The modular nature of the system is easily scalable and up-gradable as new components become available.
The Dr. FuelCell Measurement Box is a Teachers favorite – easy-to-use, quality unit designed for classroom use, long lasting.
• Max Current (Ammeter): 2 A
• Max Voltage (Voltmeter): 20 V
• Working Voltage of Motor: 0.2 - 3 V
• Current Drain of the Motor: 10 - 15 mA
• Working Voltage of Lamp: 0.6 - 1.5 V
• Current Drain of the Lamp: 0 - 80 mA
• Working Voltage of Display: 9 V
• Measured Resistance (in Ω): 1, 3, 5, 10, 50, 100, 200, Open and Short Circuit
• Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.3" x 3.3" (190 x 110 x 85 mm)
The Take-Apart Fuel Cell makes it possible to examine the functions and the design of a fuel cell in detail. A plug-in resistor, an electrode with reduced catalyst quantity and an air panel for air instead of oxygen operation enable in-depth experiments.
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.3" x 2.6" x 2.6" (85 x 65 x 65 mm)
• Voltage: 0.4 - 0.9 V
• Current in Oxygen Mode: 1,500 mA Max.
• Current in Air Mode: 800 mA Max.
• Rated Output for Oxygen Mode: 0.3 W
The Methanol Fuel Cell uses methanol instead of hydrogen to generate electrical energy. This makes it possible to conduct more extensive experiments. The package includes storage cylinders for storage of the methanol solutions.
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.3” x 2.8” x 1.6” (85 x 70 x 40 mm)
• Voltage: 0.1 - 0.6 V
• Current: 100 mA Max.
• Rated Output (Power): 10 mW (with 1 M methanol solution)
• Consumption of Methanol: 20 x 10-6 mol/min at 0.1 A
Red and black banana plug cable connectors.
• Plug Size: 4 mm
• Rated: 15A
• Length: 20" (50 cm)
All Necessary Additional Accessories Included
All Dr. FuelCell Science Kits include the main components and all necessary accessories for the experiments, such as tubes, plugs, cables and a stop watch.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 17" x 5.9" x 12.2" (430 x 150 x 310 mm)
• Weight: 12.3 pounds (5.6 kg)
• Permissible Ambient Temperature During Operation: 50 - 95°F (10 - 35°C)
• Language Versions: The instruction material and the CD-ROM are available in German and English
1 x Teaching Materials
Hydrogen Technology and Fuel Cell Science Book Package – 4 Volumes
A 4-volume set of lesson books covering key curriculum topics of Chemistry, Electrical and Physics, presented through student inquiry activities and written assignments. It includes a total of 25 experiments and 19 readings, in three volumes. The fourth volume presents background information on fuel cell and hydrogen technology.
• Covers Key Curriculum Topics: Chemistry, Electricity, and Physics
• Includes Written Assignments
• 25 Experiments
• 19 Readings in three volumes
• Illustrated Setup Sheets - A great help for easy set-up of the apparatus
CD - Clean Energy for the Future
Provides great teaching introductory resources about fuel cells in easy to use formats.
• Ideal for the introduction of fuel cell technology, fuel cell technology overview
• Includes two Power-Point Presentationsand two videos on the principles and applications of fuel cell technology.
• Correlations of lesson books to the National, California, British Columbia, and Ontario Science Standards
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: