- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
- Fuel Cell Testing
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
Tutorial Renewable Set
Product Code: 1071031
The Tutorial Renewable Set is your complete solution for teaching renewable energy, consisting of an Electrolyzer, Fuel Cell, Reversible Fuel Cell, Solar Module, and Measurement Set. The sets feature modular components for flexibility as well as easy set-up and use and allow experiments across the whole range of hydrogen applications.
Recommended Grades: 6 - 12
• Fuel cells with air-breathing option.
• Magnetic bases, allowing horizontal or vertical assembly. Also includes metallic vehicle chassis for solar and fuel cell car set-ups.
• Redesigned gas storage tanks with a compact and easy-to-use design and easy-to-read measurement marks.
The PEM electrolyzer cell will allow a number of experiments in the realm of renewable energy. For instance, run solar experiments to power the electrolyzer and store the resulting hydrogen and oxygen gases. Then, generate power with the PEM fuel cell in either Hydrogen / Oxygen or Hydrogen / Air mode. Finally, build a self-contained solar-hydrogen-system, or fill up a hydrogen-powered model car at its own solar hydrogen station.
The Tutorial Renewable Set also includes a 1-Cell Rebuildable PEMFC Kit, which allows students to assemble and disassemble a working PEM fuel cell.
✔ Assembling a fuel cell
✔ Producing and storing hydrogen
✔ Determining a solar module’s characteristic curve
✔ Hydrogen/oxygen or hydrogen/air operation
✔ Determining an electrolyzer’s characteristic curve
✔ Determining electrolyzer efficiency
✔ Learning about Faraday’s laws
✔ Determining a PEM fuel cell’s characteristic curves
✔ Determining fuel cell efficiency
✔ Determining the decomposition voltage of water
✔ Building a model hydrogen car
✔ Influence of the surface of a solar module on voltage and current intensity
✔ Voltage and current in a series connection of solar panels
✔ Voltage and current in a parallel connection of solar panels
✔ Voltage and current in a solar panel as a function of light intensity
✔ The characteristic current-voltage curve of a solar panel
✔ Concept of an self-sufficient renewable energy system
Reversible Fuel Cell H2/O2/Air
Reversible fuel cell for hydrogen/oxygen operation and hydrogen/air operation.
• Hydrogen Production in Electrolyser Mode: 5 cm3/min at 1.16 WH
• Oxygen Production in Electrolyser Mode: 2.5 cm3/min at 1.16 WH
• Power in Fuel Cell H2/O2 Mode: 300 mW
• Power in Fuel Cell H2/Air Mode: 100 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 1.6" x 2.2" (50 x 40 x 57 mm)
• Weight: 1.8 oz (52 g)
PEM Fuel Cell Kit
The PEMFC Kit contains a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) that can be completely disassembled specially for education and research purposes. The PEM fuel cell can run in Hydrogen/oxygen or hydrogen/air operation modes. All the tools needed for assembly are included!
PEM Electrolyser for the production of hydrogen and oxygen.
• Permissible Voltage: up to 2VDC
• Permissible Current : up to 1.5A
• Hydrogen Production: up to 10mL/min
• Oxygen Production : up to 5mL/min
• Electrode Area: 2.9 cm²
• Requires Commercial distilled (deionised) water with a conductivity of < 2 μS/cm/
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.0" x 2.0" x 1.6" (51 x 51 x 41 mm)
• Weight: ~2oz (58 g)
2x Storage 30
Gas storage tank for hydrogen and oxygen storage that can hold up to 30 cm3 of gas. Just fill the Storage 30 with distilled water and watch as the hydrogen or oxygen fills up the lower tank displacing the water to the upper tank! Includes tube and plug sets as well.
• Storage Volume: 30 cm3
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.5" x 2.2" x 1.6" (90 x 55 x 40 mm)
• Weight: 1.7 oz (48 g)
Solar module with magnetic base that allows for three different inclination angles.
• Power: 2.0 V / 600 mA
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.3" x 3.7" x 1.2" (135 x 95 x 30 mm)
• Weight: 3.1 oz (89 g)
• Connections: 2 mm banana sockets
The Fan Tutorial (A105) has ports for 2mm banana plugs. The fan is used as a load for fuel cells.
• Power: 10 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.8" x 1.4" x 2.1" (135 x 40 x 60 mm)
• Weight: 2.3 oz (66 g)
Experimentation kit consisting of Decade Resistor, two Multimeters, Stopwatch and cables.
• Max. Capacity: 1 W
• Port Sizes: 2 mm
• Weight: 6.7 oz (190 g)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6" x 6.3" x 5.1" (40 x 160 x 130 mm)
• Port Sizes: 2 mm
• Weight: 4.9 oz (140 g)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.9" x 2.8" x 1.2" (125 x 70 x 30 mm)
Metallic vehicle chassis with electric motor.
• Power: 150 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 4.5" x 10.2" (50 x 115 x 260 mm)
• Weight: 8.9 oz (252 g)
Metal Base Plate
Metal base plate to hold and attached the components.
Experiment binder with instructions and templates for each experiment.
• Experiments: Solar energy, Solar hydrogen production and storage, Solar hydrogen system - H2/O2, Solar hydrogen system - H2/Air, Fuel cell vehicle and solar hydrogen gas station, Solar hydrogen system with reversible fuel cell - H2/O2, Solar hydrogen system with reversible fuel cell - H2/Air, Direct methanol fuel cell, Dismantling a fuel cell.
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 12.6" x 9.8" x 1.2" (320 x 250 x 30 mm)
x2 Carrying Case
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.5" x 17.7" x 15" (140 x 450 x 380 mm)
• Weight: 8.6 pounds and 8.8 pounds (3.9 kg and 4 kg)
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: