- Fuel Cell Cars
- Fuel Cell Stacks
Fuel Cell Testing
- - Fixed Testing Systems
- - Liquid and Gas Delivery Systems
- - Fuel Cell Testing Hardware
- - Modular Testing Systems
- - Vacuum Tables and Temperature Controllers
- - Electronic Measurement and Control
- - Stack Humidification Systems
- - Ion Exchange Filters
- - Fuel Cell Testing Components
- - Portable Generators
- - Electrochemical Experiments
- Fuel Cell Components
- Hydrogen Equipment
- Power Devices
- Solar Power
- Hydro Power
- Wind Power
- Bioenergy Power
- Lab Accessories
- STEM Education
The Tutorial Renewable Set is your complete solution for teaching renewable energy, consisting of: an Electrolyzer, Fuel Cell, Methanol Fuel Cell, Reversible Fuel Cell, Solar Wind Set, and Measurement Set. The sets feature modular components for flexibility as well as easy set-up and use, and allow experiments across the whole range of hydrogen applications, including automotive applications, solar, and wind experiments.
Recommended Grades: 6 - 12
✔ A wind turbine on a stand that provides electricity for electrolysers or other loads.
✔ Fuel cells with air-breathing option.
✔ Magnetic bases, allowing horizontal or vertical assembly. Also includes metallic vehicle chassis for solar and fuel cell car set-ups.
✔ Redesigned gas storage tanks with a compact and easy-to-use design and easy-to-read measurement marks.
✔ A specially-designed experiment binder with instructions and templates for each experiment, all printed on waterproof paper for use in the lab.
The wind turbine can be run indoors with ordinary table fans, or in any breeze. It can be paired with the PEM electrolyser cell to allow a number of experiments in the realm of renewable energy. For instance, run solar experiments to power the electrolyser and store the resulting hydrogen and oxygen gases. Then, generate power with the PEM fuel cell in either Hydrogen / Oxygen or Hydrogen / Air mode. Finally, build a self contained solar-hydrogen-system, or fill up a hydrogen-powered model car at its own solar hydrogen station.
The Tutorial Renewable Set also includes a Direct Methanol Fuel Cell (DMFC), as well as the PEMFC Kit, which allows students to assemble and disassemble a working PEM fuel cell, and a convenient set of holder brackets that allow you to present the components on any magnetic whiteboard.
✔ Assembling a fuel cell
✔ Producing and storing hydrogen
✔ Determining a solar module’s characteristic curve
✔ Hydrogen/oxygen or hydrogen/air operation
✔ Determining an electrolyser’s characteristic curve
✔ Determining electrolyser efficiency
✔ Learning about Faraday’s laws
✔ Determining a PEM fuel cell’s characteristic curves
✔ Determining fuel cell efficiency
✔ Determining the decomposition voltage of water
✔ Building a model hydrogen car
✔ Using methanol to generate electricity
✔ Determining a Direct Methanol Fuel Cell's (DMFC) characteristic curve
✔ Influence of the surface of a solar module on voltage and current intensity
✔ Voltage and current in a series connection of solar panels
✔ Voltage and current in a parallel connection of solar panels
✔ Voltage and current in a solar panel as a function of light intensity
✔ The characteristic current-voltage curve of a solar panel
✔ Creating electrical energy from wind energy
✔ Effects of the wind speed and direction
✔ Influence of the number of rotor blades
✔ Influence of different blade positions
✔ Observation of a wind wheel under load
✔ Current-voltage characteristic of the wind generator
✔ Using hydrogen technology to store electrical energy from wind
✔ Concept of an self-sufficient renewable energy system
Reversible Fuel Cell H2/O2/Air
Reversible fuel cell for hydrogen/oxygen operation and hydrogen/air operation.
• Hydrogen Production in Electrolyser Mode: 5 cm3/min at 1.16 WH
• Oxygen Production in Electrolyser Mode: 2.5 cm3/min at 1.16 WH
• Power in Fuel Cell H2/O2 Mode: 300 mW
• Power in Fuel Cell H2/Air Mode: 100 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 1.6" x 2.2" (50 x 40 x 57 mm)
• Weight: 1.8 oz (52 g)
PEM Fuel Cell Kit
The PEMFC Kit contains a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) that can be completely disassembled specially for education and research purposes. The PEM fuel cell can run in Hydrogen/oxygen or hydrogen/air operation modes. All the tools needed for assembly are included!
Methanol Fuel Cell
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell (DMFC), with built-in methanol tank. Operated with 3% of methanol-in-distilled water solution.
• Electrode Area: 4 cm2
• Generated Power: 10 mW
• Generated Voltage: 300 - 500m V DC
• Fuel: Approx. 3% Methanol Solution (by weight)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 2" x 1.6" (50 x 50 x 40 mm)
• Weight: 2.1 oz (60 g)
PEM Electrolyser for the production of hydrogen and oxygen.
• Hydrogen Production Rate: 5 cm3/min
• Oxygen Production Rate: 2.5 cm3/min
• Power Needed: 1.16 W
• Weight: 1.8 oz (52 g)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 1.6" x 2" (50 x 40 x 50 mm)
2x Storage 30
Gas storage tank for hydrogen and oxygen storage that can hold up to 30 cm3 of gas. Just fill the Storage 30 with distilled water and watch as the hydrogen or oxygen fills up the lower tank displacing the water to the upper tank! Includes tube and plug sets as well.
• Storage Volume: 30 cm3
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.5" x 2.2" x 1.6" (90 x 55 x 40 mm)
• Weight: 1.7 oz (48 g)
Solar module with magnetic base that allows for three different inclination angles.
• Power: 2.0 V / 600 mA
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.3" x 3.7" x 1.2" (135 x 95 x 30 mm)
• Weight: 3.1 oz (89 g)
• Connections: 2 mm banana sockets
The Fan Tutorial (A105) has ports for 2mm banana plugs. The fan is used as a load for fuel cells.
• Power: 10 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.8" x 1.4" x 2.1" (135 x 40 x 60 mm)
• Weight: 2.3 oz (66 g)
Experimentation kit consisting of Decade Resistor, two Multimeters, Stopwatch and cables.
• Max. Capacity: 1 W
• Port Sizes: 2 mm
• Weight: 6.7 oz (190 g)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6" x 6.3" x 5.1" (40 x 160 x 130 mm)
• Port Sizes: 2 mm
• Weight: 4.9 oz (140 g)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.9" x 2.8" x 1.2" (125 x 70 x 30 mm)
The Wind Generator provides electricity for electrolysers or other loads. The hub of the model is designed to accept different numbers of blades, from two up to six. The blades are also fully adjustable.
• Wind Generator (A162) performance depends on the wind source
• U-Max: 6.0 V
• I-Max: 0.3 A
• Dimensions (H x W): 26.4" x 16.5" (670 x 420 mm)
• Rotor Diameter: 16.5" (420 mm)
• Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg)
Metallic vehicle chassis with electric motor.
• Power: 150 mW
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 4.5" x 10.2" (50 x 115 x 260 mm)
• Weight: 8.9 oz (252 g)
Battery case, used to power electrolysers and reversible fuel cells.
• Input: 3x AA batteries
• Output: 4.5 V DC / 0.8 A
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.8" x 2.7" x 2" (20 x 69 x 50 mm)
• Weight: 1.1 oz (31 g)
• Banana Plug Size: 2 mm
Power supply for electrolyzer and reversible fuel cells.
• Input: 100 - 240 V; 50 - 60 Hz
• Output: 5.0 V DC / 1.2 A
• Weight: 3.6 oz (104 g)
• Banana Plug Size: 2 mm
Magnetic brackets for vertical display (white boards).
Metal Base Plate
Metal base plate to hold and attached the components.
Experiment binder with instructions and templates for each experiment, all printed on waterproof paper for use in the lab.
• Experiments: Solar energy, Solar hydrogen production and storage, Solar hydrogen system - H2/O2, Solar hydrogen system - H2/Air, Fuel cell vehicle and solar hydrogen gas station, Solar hydrogen system with reversible fuel cell - H2/O2, Solar hydrogen system with reversible fuel cell - H2/Air, Direct methanol fuel cell, Dismantling a fuel cell.
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 12.6" x 9.8" x 1.2" (320 x 250 x 30 mm)
x2 Carrying Case
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.5" x 17.7" x 15" (140 x 450 x 380 mm)
• Weight: 8.6 pounds and 8.8 pounds (3.9 kg and 4 kg)
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: